Monday, January 16, 2017

January Issue Round 2!

Today at the Paper Issues blog we are working on round 2 of our stash busting issue!

I used Maggie Holmes Gather Collection. I have a tendency to hoard anything by Maggie Holmes! But for some reason I could not wrap my head around using the striped paper, so I challenged myself with this issue to use the things I wouldn't normally use! And here is my result!
 
 
I had this silly photo of a donkey that I took when we went to the drive through safari. I think what I was caught up on with this paper is it isn't as "girly" as the rest of the collection. So using this photo helped get my creativity flowing. I cut slits in the stripes and tucked in a few "tickets" and embellishments. I ripped a few spaces here and there, backed it with the wood grain paper and used my sewing machine to add a bit more detail. I also tucked some of the mustard color scraps I had leftover from the Indigo Hills collection! Then of course, the snarky title, and bam, a paper I had no intention of using is suddenly a finished layout! Yay!
 
What are you hoarding, or what has been difficult for you to use? Use it, I wanna see!
 
Then when you get done busting your stash, come on over to the Paper Issues Store and buy some new goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment